The fact that our eyes are a source of light to our bodies should shake us a little. This should be regarding how we handle them. That’s not all, and it makes us all the more conscious of how we treat and care for our eyes. They go through a lot just to ensure that we are up to date with what’s happening around us. They even do us the favor of helping us spot our soul mates. What more could we ever ask for? The best thing we can do in return is to take proper care of them in every way possible.
Care of our eyes
Having them located on our faces is enough to help us get the point. Our eyes help us see the way forward in every road that seems impassable. For this reason, we should be bent on seeing to the general care and well being of our eyes. Here are a few pointers;
- Ladies should avoid smearing them with heavy makeup. Our eyes are highly sensitive. The least we can do for them is avoid putting them in harm’s way. Some of the beauty products are supposed to be used in limited amounts.
- Clean them up ever so regularly. Neglecting them can lead to the build-up of unnecessary obstacles. For instance, clean your eyes when you wake up in the morning. Do this even when you are not going anywhere.
- Put some protective eye gears on when in the scorching sun. This will help protect your eyes from the destructive UV rays of the sun.
See the doctor
Having an eye doctor is just what your eyes need for healthy functionality. Your doctor will be able to look into them and let you know when there is a problem. The sooner you are alerted, the better it will be for your eyes and general well being.
Despite your hefty work schedule, you should make some time for a checkup. After all, those same eyes will help you work smart and efficiently. Getting an appointment with a professional Eye Doctor can be so draining. Which is why, you should take your time and do your research online.
Get to know who the best doctors are and book your appointment early enough. Living off excuses will only be putting your eyesight at risk.
Basic eye care practices
Sometimes we put our eyesight at risk without knowing it. As they say, knowledge is power. Here are some ways in which we do so unknowingly;
- Rubbing our eyes thoroughly. Some of us may not know this, but our eyes are supposed to be rubbed gently. Do not overdo it especially when your hands are not clean.
- Wearing eyeglasses that are not prescribed for you by your doctor. This is the riskiest thing you can do for your eyes. Check with your eye doctor first before you can join the club of specs wearers.
- Avoid staying in a room that’s brightly lit for too long. You may want to make a few necessary adjustments to the lighting in your home or office.